Friday, December 11, 2009

Thoughts on Discipline and a 15 Minute Sleep Schedule

I write this blog post from the kitchen of my college house while I slightly procrastinate on something that I have been procrastinating for a while (why start today what you won't do tomorrow?). I have been thinking about the idea of discipline for a while. This is finals week and so without a schedule, we are expected to study non-stop for end of year exams and presentations. A problem that I have had is hunkering down now that I don't have class. Because I don't have class, I find myself wasting away on the couch watching TV sometimes (a practice generally saved for football Sundays). I think that it takes a great deal of discipline to be a college student in charge of his grades. It is really hard to have a strong work ethic when you don't have a set a schedule, and really hard to control your spending when you have no idea how to build a budget (or cook).

Also, I have a really bad sleep schedule. Now that I don't have class, I find myself falling to bed a ridiculously late hours when I have meetings early the next morning. This leads me to waking up early, then hitting snooze on my alarm clock. Unfortunately, my options are a 5 minute snooze, 15 minute snooze and an hour snooze. The 5 minute snooze and hour snooze are clearly both on the wrong scale (I'll usually skip breakfast - a bad practice - and sleep in an extra half hour), so I use the 15 minute snooze. This leads to me having little 15 minute micro-naps in which I have absurd dreams.

And with that, I should go do some work

-Vanish

Comments:
I'd like you to elaborate (an opportunity for cunctation - look it up) on your self-described "frighteningly accurate" description of this blog. What makes it frightening? And aren't most autobiographies accurate - or at least we hope they are?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]