Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Situation

Alright, obligatory "Jersey Shore" blog post (The New York Times had the same obligation to its readers). I won't bore you by talking about how hilarious the show is or about how it truly reflects on some of the ideals that our youth has these days or about how ridiculous some of the characters are (apparently Ronnie is only 5-6? what the heck?). I do want to make the case that Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino is a genius.

First of all, "The Situation" might be the most fascinating character on TV that I have ever seen. This includes Turk, House MD, and the guy from Dexter when he is playing the gay guy in "Six Feet Under" (I know, its weird that its the same guy). His nickname has instantly turned into the mating call for millions of 20 something bros. The Situation is the only reason that people aren't more upset with Tiger Woods (I should really do an obligatory Tiger Woods post).

Anyway, the reason he is a genius is because he just made himself a brand. Outside of The Situation, we are going to forget about every character on the show (except for maybe Snooki). He (his abs) is going to be a guest on talk shows for a long time now. Believe me, this guy is not going away. Instant celeb - Just add tanning lotion.

Comments:
i'd wear 'the situation" cologne if it existed, just throwing that out there.
 
From now on, I'm going by Raihan "The Status" Faroqui. I think this will do wonders for me and my fledgling game. Thoughts?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]