Monday, February 02, 2009

Citigroup was rooting for the Jets this weekend

That title was so witty that I would have felt bad about not using it. (If you don't get it, read up on current events dummy). It is also funny because (spoiler alert) I am a Jets fan and my life is shambles because of it.

Today I went to Albany on a "business trip." Actually, if I were a super hero, they would call me "Intern! Ruler of the free world and glorified delivery man." After driving to Albany in the super masculine baby blue tiny coupe (I didn't get in at first because I was waiting for them to let the clowns out) that was the only car left at the rental place, I dropped into an awesome book store for a second.

I saw the book store from across the street and thought that it would be a waste if I didn't explore briefly. Before I even walked in, the familiar smell of aging paper backs hit me. Once I stepped in, I didnt smell paper back, but it was the smell of "crazy kind old man."

Lo and behold there was a crazy kind old man there to give me a sweet deal on a second edition Updike (jawesome) and some other books. After I let him keep the change (5 bucks) he was really grateful and gave me his crazy kind old man note pad. I am afraid to use the notepad because it looks like it was from 1992 and by "he gave it to me" I mean that "I may have accidentally stole it."


Cheers,
Vanish

PS I will try to post pictures of the stuff I got.

Comments:
hahhahaha. albany for a business trip? wow.

i like the clowns in the car thing.

miss you!! come to DC?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]