Saturday, February 14, 2009

And this is how I know I'm alive

 On my commute to work, there is a stretch of highway where there is no traffic. Hutchinson Parkway, after the Cross County Expressway exit. This is where I really get to open up my Nissan Sentra. From a standstill, I take it up to 85 miles per hour on the hilly, winding, thrill inducing two lane road. The 1.6 liters of engine displacement forces the car to heave forward as the vibrations from my broken muffler causes soccer moms, with whom I share the asphalt, thighs to quiver. I throw the car through the corners, daring it to flip or run into the median or slide into a deer on the side the road. There is about 3 and a half miles before I hit traffic. My car flies through the bends and bumps for about two minutes before I have to throw down the hammer on the brake pedal, much to the chagrin of my ears as the car squeals to a stop. 
Every morning, for two minutes, I can tell that I'm awake. 

Comments:
Sounds like you've been reading Klosterman; nice work.
 
can you please be careful?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]