Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Taking stock of my life

Sometimes, I get really really sad. Like when I'm driving to work and I can't find myself a good talk radio show show or when I'm in the shower and the shower mirror fogs up before I can get a good chance to look at myself. 
Then I realize: Its okay Vanish, Zach Braff could have NOT starred in the number one television sitcom of all time. And then I realize that life goes by too fast to be upset. I decided recount a few of the things I am thankful for. In no particular order

Zach Braff: Zach, thank you for compiling music of the heavens, the voices of the angels. The "Garden State" sound track got me through high school. 

Shark Week: What is it like to live in SHARK infested waters? Year in and year out, Shark Week reminds me what its like to live. And what its like to die. 

Coach Mendes: Coach Mendes was the coach of the Stuyvesant High School boys track and field team. Thank you for not holding try outs and taking a chance on me. Before you, I was the proud owner of what can only be gently described as "man boobs" (I was a fat kid). Now I am skinny and lacking the hand eye coordination that most men gain during high school by playing REAL sports. Thanks coach. 

These are just a few of the things that I am eternally grateful for. I know its a short list (everything in my life is so awesome i have a hard time not taking it for granted). I suggest you guys think of some things you are thankful for too. It keeps you from feeling too sad (and if that doesn't work, you can usually wipe the fog off the mirror)

As sincere as always,
Vanish

PS. Bottom.danger.locker@gmail.com is still open for suggestions. 

Comments:
i think your mancrush on zach braff is getting a little intense. take it easy there, man boobs.
 
Starting to slow down on your posting Vanish...old habits dying hard or hardly dying?

Sorry I missed your call - will return call this week. Get bent.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]