Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Bridgestone: The Official Tire of the NFL

Seriously? I was watching a National Football League Post Season Wild Card Weekend Playoff Game (because I am such a masculine wing eating beer drinking pick up truck driving MAN) and I saw that Bridgestone was the official tire of the NFL.
Is that supposed to impress me or something? Other than that agility drill where you step into tires (This video is great because of its religious implications), how often does the NFL use tires?
Am I supposed to personally want the tires of the over entitled wide receiver that shows up late to practice? Some marketing ploys just don't make sense to me.

Forever yours,
Vanish

P.S. This was the first of many to come posts that are really short because I had something on my mind. It won't detract from the longer posts but I just could not stay away from the blog that long. I think I'm addicted to the internet.

P.P.S. Wow. Year high 4 comments (from only 2 people) on that last post. I want to post a lot now that I know at least 3 people read. Keep it coming!! look for a new post in the next few days!! Tell your friends!!! you can comment anonymously!!! don't spam me!!!! Exclamation point!!!!

Comments:
this blog is entertaining...
 
Couple of things:
1) I embarrassingly wrote 'you're' instead of 'your' in my last comment. Apologies.
2) Short posts unanimously get read more than long posts - trust me, I've written both.
3) Short posts increase the likelihood that you'll post more often.
4) The movies you've chosen on the path to virility are superb starters. I'm somewhat shocked you haven't seen 'Big Lebowski,' 'Swingers,' or 'Cool Hand Luke,' but then again you've barely got pubes so they may be before you're (sic) time. "Godfather I&II" "Pulp Fiction," and "Lock, Stock, and 2 Smoking Barrels" also fall under the aforementioned rubric, but I'm guessing you've seen these already. Then again, I'd have expected you to see the other ones already too.

PS - Putting iPod in mail today. Sorry for delay.
 
Yeah I concur...short posts are good because people don't like reading for more than 15 seconds.

There are a lot of good (good meaning bad) endorsements out there. I saw a commercial for Michael Phelps endorsing software for using other languages, which seemed inappropriate because he hasn't even mastered English yet.
 
Just give up...you have nothing interesting to write about...
 
Visited off of Dave's blog and am glad to you you're part of The Trillion Man March. Who knew a bench player could be so entertaining?

Also, if you haven't seen Big Lebowski or Swingers at this point, they can be your "What are you nuts, you haven't seen that, yet?" movies, as Bill Simmons suggests. If you haven't seen them by now, then don't bother.

If nothing else, it's conversation fodder.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]